I grew up in a home, where giving back and doing acts of kindness was a regular thing. On Sundays our father would do a BBQ and we would share it with the neighborhood kids. He would say to us, “always remember to give back first to those who don’t have much and second to your loved one”. Then I married a guy who lives by the same philosophy as my father. This has made me a great believer in random acts of kindness. I have carried this tradition through out my life and now as a mother I have also passed on the tradition to my children.
I am a huge fan of random acts of kindness. I love the idea of spreading goodness and how it feels to share anything that one can share. I love the feeling I get when you hold someone when they needed you the most or when you just make them smile or lift their day, it is nothing short but amazing. And I always say ‘better late than never’.
Life is full of surprises good and bad and we all go through ups and down, others more some and an act of kindness be it big or small can improve a person’s life immensely.
If you are thinking of what you can do as an act of kindness, here are my 8 random acts of kindness, which might help you, bring about a smile on someone.1. Aim to give a genuine compliment to a different person each day
2. Give food, medicine, clothes, toiletries to orphanages, hospitals or where needed
3.Write embarrassingly cheesy love notes for your significant other to find
4. Give financial assistance to someone in need without expecting anything back
5. Reach out to someone who appears to be lonely or who seems to be having a bad day
6. Buy your colleagues coffee or snacks
7. Give a gift to someone, just because
8. Contribute towards a great cause which you know will change lives
These are just 8 ideas, there is much more that you can do. Be creative!
Happy Giving !