Saturday 23rd I turned 38, and I felt grateful for it. All I wanted was to just have an easy day with my family of which I did and what a great day it was.
We have all been through a very tough year. 2020 was a year of full of ups and down, an almost never ending roller-coaster ride, but l am thankful to be here and to witness another year added to my life. As we start this year, I am hopeful that it will be one filled with more hope, good health, joy and wealth.
I won’t lie, I failed at most of the goals that I set myself in 2020. Some would say 2020 goals don’t count and some might think I am being harsh on myself ; but to me it is just something to learn from. I have a lot ahead of me in 2021; and no doubt I will face some challenges and discomforts, but the lessons from 2020 will help me overcome those challenges and succeed.
I told myself no more self-doubt, no more self-sabotage, instead practice more self-love, self-care, and self-confidence. 38 is about developing my talents, my passion and just following my heart. As daunting as it might sound for some to turn 38; I on the other had find that there are some pretty good things about reaching your late thirties and here are some of mine:
- You become a lot more honest to yourself and to others about a lot of things. Just yes ‘NO’ when you cant, or don’t want to, and say ‘YES’ if you can.
- You are more aware of your shortcomings, weaknesses and mistakes and you take accountability for them.
- When *hit hits the fan and life just deals you a bad card, you learn to deal with it and you realize that it will pass, and that you got to move on.
- You actually stop thinking about the things you could have or should have done and stop feeling that you have missed out or you are still missing out; and actually start to think about what it is that you really want to do with the rest of your life.
- Accepting situations that you cannot control as ‘situations you just cannot control’ and that that’s how it is. You start to see letting go of such feelings and things becomes easier and easier. Life goes on, things happen, change is inevitable and therefore accepting that, makes life so free and peaceful.
- Finally, it is NEVER too late to chase your wildest dreams and turn them into a reality.
On that Saturday morning I told myself, to live more, love more, laugh more and pray more. I told myself all the unexpected moments that will come my way, I will face them, and thankfully with assistance from my loved ones. And that those challenges will also will make me stronger to face the future, and what a great future it looks to be.
SO HERE’S TO 38!